10.27.2009

HW 15 - Triangular Comments 3

Dinorah,

Throughout all your post from 10 – 14, # 13 is my favorite one. I find the way you define art is a very interesting, and I can see it definitely allows you see Feed as a different perspective of art through emotions. I appreciate this post a lot, and it did lead me to further thought. Great job!

From my understanding, you see the book Feed as a painting, and you describe how M.T. Anderson has paint the story as a tragic through the lens of setting. Additionally, you also see his piece through characterization to figure out the parallels of our lives compared to the ones in Feed. Lastly, you mentioned the shape of M.T. Anderson’s book that he did not offer an solution through his piece because he wants the reviewers to find out while looking at his piece.

When you said Feed is not something seen as wrong, but more as life source that helps us to develop. I find this very relevant to what we have discussed in class before that the book is a revelatory art. Feed did present the sense of realization to many of the people including ourselves who go through similar experiences as the characters in his piece. However, I do believe people see Feed as something that’s wrong, thus it awaken us from our mistakes.

Overall, I think your post is very well written. However, I think you should reread it, because there do have some sentences that does not make sense if you read aloud to yourself. Other than that, I think you should expand on the idea through the definition of art hat you stated in the beginning. You seem to provide readers what an art is, but you never seem to address whether Feed is a great piece through that definition of art.

After reading your post, it makes me reconsider my own life in general. Are there any solutions to the issues that M.T. Anderson point out? According to your post, you mentioned few possibilities such as “what if these have grown too much that it is now part of our lives as opposed to a momentary encounter.” Or it is really up to us to give the solution to it. I think in this case, we all have our own answers depending on how we choose to live our lives. However, your point about how the issues have grown too much is something that I never thought of. Perhaps, it is possible that problems can get stack up together, and we might have to face the big time.

Thanks for pushing me to think in another perspective. I am looking forward to see your response to my questions that I mentioned.

Bao Lin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Richard,

I read all the post from 10 – 14, and I find #12 as one of my favorite throughout all of them. Not only that I agreed to most of your arguments in this post, I also felt your connection is interesting. Great work!

Based on my understand of your blog post, I think you first draw the parallels between feed and our own digital teenage life such as trying to be cool, overusing the word “like”, chatting without using your moth…etc. Then you also point out the difference between them was that in feed, the chip is being installed into them while we are just using it obsessively. Lastly, you connect to the real world, and say how this could actually happen.

Overall, I agreed with what you said about similar aspects of our lives compared to Feed’s. It is true that we used the word “like” a lot especially from the teenager’s voice. It is seem as more like a tragedy in a way that we do not know how to describe things. Although the word “like” sometimes is very unnecessary while we are speaking, people tempt to use it as a habit. Whether it is a good sign or not, or does it really matter as long as people understand, I do not really know. But I find the word “like” very annoyed when people used it more than 3 times when they are speaking. (By the way, this is a very good point!)

Before commenting on what you can improve on this post, I just want to say it will be better if you can leave a space between paragraphs, or break it into paragraphs, so it is readable. Now, here comes to the comment based on post. I find the connection that you brought up are very interesting, and I think you should definitely expand on them and probably quote some of the lines from the documents will make the connection more strong. Additionally, when you said most people are lying and they actually do want the feed to be installed, I find this very interesting also. I guess this is another good point that you can expand on such as what makes you think that way, and how will the chip really impact us if it was being installed. Last, I can see that you agree with what the feed said, and I wonder if you can think of any alternative point of view.

When you mentioned how scary that the book could be realistic, it really did make me reconsider my life. It also makes me thought about realistic and unrealistic as what we have discussed in class today. I often look at unrealistic depending on my situation and perceptions, but never consider something that I never seen could actually be considered realistic. I think this is very helpful in a way that draws a clearer line between realistic and unrealistic.

Thanks for the great post with insights. I am looking forward to see more insights from your post later on in your future posts.

Bao Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment